Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you want tutorials for?
What would you guys want tutorials for?

Im going to be running over a few VMs i picked up on vulnhub, but any other specifics?
(29-12-2016, 04:58 PM)Psycho_Bondage_Bunny Wrote: What would you guys want tutorials for?

Im going to be running over a few VMs i picked up on vulnhub, but any other specifics?

WRitten or video tutorials. what i would LOVE to do at some point. Is make SecHEads video Tutorials for things. Including the common things such as hacking WPA/2 wifi etc..

Are you familiar with netbios spoofing? or some form of priv esc within windows?
Wanted to do a video series for a long time but my accent is so polluted. I sound like an australian american scotsman with essex undertones.

Was thinking of going over a few video walkthroughs introducing nmap, nikto maybe skipfish and sqlmap against some vulnerable vms.

Im thinking a "tool by tool" series might be more beneficial

Actually.... ill do a one off video walkthrough of a VM then we can review. Dont know when ill be able to get it done by though. My girlfriends back from Europe next week.... i got some catching up to do there first haha!
(29-12-2016, 09:08 PM)Psycho_Bondage_Bunny Wrote: Wanted to do a video series for a long time but my accent is so polluted. I sound like an australian american scotsman with essex undertones.

Was thinking of going over a few video walkthroughs introducing nmap, nikto maybe skipfish and sqlmap against some vulnerable vms.

Im thinking a "tool by tool" series might be more beneficial

Actually.... ill do a one off video walkthrough of a VM then we can review. Dont know when ill be able to get it done by though. My girlfriends back from Europe next week.... i got some catching up to do there first haha!

Haha yes priorities Wink

I have wanted to do a video series for a long time too. But never really done it before. If you want to team up let me know. I like the idea of tool by tool start with noob stuff then always finish with advance and real world usage amd examples
I think something that isn't often covered much is pivoting. It seems everyone is all about getting root or administrator credentials. However, interesting things to look for on machines when you have any level of access. Stripping user's / passwords from logs, enumerating cached credentials stored on the machine (firefox, windows sessions, etc), using existing login sessions to browse network shares and find more information etc. Or same with linux, working out what access a user has to network credentials and other data sources and how a machine can be a pivot for exfiltrating data and getting to more secure parts of the network.
(30-12-2016, 11:57 AM)Aegil Wrote: I think something that isn't often covered much is pivoting. It seems everyone is all about getting root or administrator credentials. However, interesting things to look for on machines when you have any level of access. Stripping user's / passwords from logs, enumerating cached credentials stored on the machine (firefox, windows sessions, etc), using existing login sessions to browse network shares and find more information etc. Or same with linux, working out what access a user has to network credentials and other data sources and how a machine can be a pivot for exfiltrating data and getting to more secure parts of the network.

Couple that with actual pivoting so basically, identifying which machines on a network are multihomed! i have a script for that somewhere i made
Im gunna need to do this on my shitty HP. I got a surface and the hdpi plays havok with scaling text.